Friday 1 January 2016

First day of 2016

The first day of 2016 started just like any other day. I only feel more tired and hung over than usual. Since I'm not exactly a party animal, those few glasses of wine can get me down in no time.


I wasn't a total lamb after all and I did wait till midnight. 

I even stayed up later and enjoyed another drink or two before hitting the hay.

The first things that I noticed, when I woke up in this new 2016, were:

1. I feel the same as yesterday in 2015 despite the big celebration of New 2016 (as if the celebration is really needed)



2. It's snowing (yay)
3. I'm hungry (and I'm never hungry in the morning). It must have been that over-eating habit these last few days with that 12 lb turkey and stuff).

The second thought actually pushed me out of the house for a walk. It felt good to clear the head on 0.5 degrees C. 

There was not much wind, so it wasn't that cold. And somewhere in the middle of my walk, the snow started falling again, harder and harder, until it suddenly just stopped.


I discovered another pathway I've never seen before, that led me to a new spot next to the creek.
I take walks there every once in a while, but somehow missed that area.


A whole different point of view, because of the rocky wall on the other side. It levels up later along the creek, but I never knew this part existed.


I thought I was going to be alone, but that was a mistake. Lots of kids, couples and people with dogs. It was a nice morning and I guess everyone wanted to get some fresh air.

Now I should probably say that I used the walk to think about New Years resolutions, but I really haven't.

I don't have any resolutions and decisions that can be related to the beginning of a year.

In attempt to stay in good terms with the well known tradition, I did decide not to make those kinds of decisions.


I do, however, have some wishes that I will try to make true in 2016, but who knows how will that turn out?

Before anything else, I wish to myself good health, optimal happiness and some courage to change the paths that don't work for me anymore. I wish everyone else exactly the same, because every other thing you wish for yourselves will come your way anyways.

Have a happy New Year! 

Xoxo

Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment