Thursday 16 July 2015

The Toronto Summer Dawn

Yes, I woke up at 5.00 just the other day. No alarm clock, just me. As I became aware of the time, it dawned on me that I could use that to go out and get some shots of the sunrise.

I was actually thinking of doing that the day before, so my inner clock made a decision instead of me and decided to go with it, thus conveniently wake me up at 5.00 am.

I got my coffee and warmed up the car and soon was on my way.

There is a nice spot relatively close to me where you can sit on the lakefront and enjoy the view of the cityline, so I headed straight there.

What I learned here, in a huge city like Toronto, is that whatever crazy thing you do, you won't be alone in it.


Accordingly, there was a couple sitting on the very same spot I was going to sit, I guess waiting for the sunrise too. So I sat down 10 feet away. Just me and them and ducks. A bit weird. And we're all waiting.

Turned out the spot where I was sitting was a great one, as the sun was positioned right next to the CN tower silhouette. So the sun began to rise and it was quite a view.

I don't see the sunrise often, even though I am an early bird. There was a mist or a light fog around, but the colors were still nice.

On my way back, a snail blocked my path so I shot him too, quite a few times. Good thing he's not really  a cheetah so I had time to put on my macro lens before he vanished.




I didn't feel like going back home so instead I headed over to my favorite bridge to see what's happening there at 6 am. 


People walking, bicyclists bicycling, runners running, dogs on a leash snooping around. 

I'm always amazed by that bridge and it feels nice standing in the middle of it. 

Never been there so early in the morning, but it's as alive as thru the day, and the sight is even more beautiful.





There are little parks around and butterfly sanctuaries, but I haven't seen any yet.

On my way back, I saw weird flowers - they looked like they were withered, but still hanging in there. I just thought they looked pretty. 

My excitement didn't really last long after that and I started to think about the nap. I felt like I could use the rest of the sleep, or another cup of coffee to stay awake until noon, at least. I guess this early bird got lazy lately...





2 comments:

  1. Jako lijepo! Izlazak sunca, most i mislim da je to pink black - eyed susan na kraju :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ne znam kako se zovu :) bile su mi interesantne :)

      Delete