Wednesday 1 July 2015

Canada Day..... And the glorious ribs!

1st of July - a national holiday that celebrates the birthday of Canada! And instead of going for the cake, I went for some meat.

Three colonies - New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and the Province of Canada - united in 1867 and formed a single country named Canada, today being 148 years old.

Conveniently enough, there are parties all over the city (and country, of course).

Being hungry as a wolf, I decided to visit the one that promised some good food. I don't really care for fireworks and whatnot, but I do care for meat. So I thought Toronto Rib Festival was a good choice - not exactly Canada Day related. I wasn't looking for that. I was just looking for some food. Some pork ribs seemed like a very good idea.

That is, until I came closer. Rivers of people and streams of cars flooded the place, leaving no empty spots nowhere near to park.


Dark clouds were marching all over the skies, threatening with rain, so I kind of wanted to park close to the area.

Me and another 10 000 people.

Soon enough, I found a spot on the grass and I left the car there, hoping that towing company won't be able to take it away because of all the commotion and crowd.

As soon as I reached the entrance, I've realized that this might have been a huge mistake.

I was convinced I'll stay hungry. The queues of people waiting for food were enormous.
Because of bad weather, the Rib Fest was closed this weekend, so today, being half-sunny, and a holiday, the place was ridiculously crowded.

But I was hungry for ribs.

So I chose a line to stand in and bravely claimed my place in it.

I was going for Kentucky Smokehouse.

Apparently, their ribs were more tender than my mama's love. I fell for that.

Also, the huge "Hillbilly Heaven" sign reassured me I'm at the right spot. They had a lots of piggy awards too.



So, I'm waiting in line and looking around. All people in Canada-wear.


All red and white.
Hats, tees, flags.
All proud to be Canadians.
I loved the sight and wished I can wear that kind of tees too, today.
It would be nice to feel like you're in your own country. Of course, my mama's love would have to be around, and not just tender ribs.

But anyway, I got my hot stuff and I left the place in a hurry to devour those sweet, tasty ribs. They were heavenly indeed.
It's just that I'm craving for a cake now. I need to get some.

And yes, Happy Canada Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment