Saturday 26 December 2015

Happy Holidays! (and a huge turkey)

This is usually my favorite time of year. It can be stressful, I admit that, with all the shopping and food preparing and making everything clean and nice and entertaining people.

But somehow this time of year, that has a special spirit and despite all the work, it's worth it.

This whole week was actually exiting - in both good and bad ways. It started bad with my visa complications, resulting in not sleeping for two days and a great depression.

Luckily, I've managed to solve the issue on Wednesday, so I had good day and a half to actually relax and do those last things before Christmas. Like last minute shopping and figuring what the hell are we going to eat.

With a little help aside, we decided it's going to be a turkey on Christmas eve - and don't judge - nobody eats fish around here, and even if we do, I wouldn't know how to make it.

Also, a friend of mine was working on Christmas day, so we decided to go with Christmas rituals day before, on Christmas eve.

So, while I was working for half a day and running around to get wine and other necessities, Ana came with a 10 lb turkey. She said she took the smallest one available.

It barely fit into the oven. I don't even have a proper size dish for that kind of animal.
It took it 5.5 hours to get it done.
We were starving.

In the meantime, we made mulled wine and enjoyed that for the whole afternoon. It was delicious.

So, six hours later, we had the dinner!

By that time, one of the guys ended up being on another party and another one went to bed. So Ana and I ate alone.

After we were so hungry and had a huge meal, the turkey still looked as if we just took it out of the oven.
You can't even tell someone already ate it. We're gonna be eating it til New Year's eve probably.


We opened the presents that evening too, and spend huge amount of time to get her fitness tracker working.

I got a kitchen scale, which I've been really missing, considering that I've been using my sixth sense and a feeling to measure stuff till now :)



Christmas day was quiet and relaxing, and we ended it in the theater watching the new Star Wars movie. BP8 was cute.

So all in all we had nice and relaxing Christmas. With plenty of food. And cookies I've made :)

I hope you did too! So have nice rest of the holidays and a killer New Year!

Xoxo!


Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment