Sunday 7 June 2015

Music day in Toronto Music Garden. Or not.

Last night, I remembered how there was the time in my life when I couldn't imagine to fall asleep without music in my ears. 


I had a few playlists only for that purpose and it was impossible for me to go to bed without listening to sweet sounds of Pink Floyd, Knopfler, Metallica or Vangelis (among others). 

Weird bunch, I know, but they all have one thing in common - smooth, soothing sound that regularly helped me calm and fall asleep.




I guess I was thinking about it because Steve Vai was in Toronto this Saturday, and I missed it. 

I was kind of sad-ish for not seeing him, but thinking about his music made me remember so many other, nice stuff from past. So I listened to some of it last night and I was nostalgically happy. 

Therefore, to continue the music vibe, this morning I went to visit the Music garden in downtown Toronto. 




Instead of being in the good mood (cause there was no reason for otherwise), I somehow didn't start my day right. Maybe I got up on the wrong foot, or something.




Not that I need a special reason for it (I am a woman, after all), but I did something and I said something and I killed the music day mood. Totally.


On the bright side, I did get some nice shots of the park and spent the morning in the beautiful waterfront environment. 

The garden is actually quite small and it consists of six different, little parts (Prelude, Allemande, Courante, Sarabande, Menuett and Gigue).



The whole garden represents Bach's Suite No.1 in G Major for unaccompanied cello, BWV 1007. 


During the summer, there are free concerts held in the garden, twice a week, and I can only imagine how cool would it be to listen to Brazilian choro on a lazy afternoon in early August Sunday, which I won't hear - I'll miss it, of course, cause I won't be in the city at the time.







I'm also missing Ron Bumblefoot and Joe Perry tonight, just because I feel meh about the whole day and I don't feel like going out. I'll be whining about that tomorrow. Or maybe not.





In the meantime, I'll be listening to some sweet sounds again this night, and hopefully, tomorrow is going to be a more pleasurable day.

Rock on and sweet dreams.








No comments:

Post a Comment