Sunday 1 November 2015

Models and pumpkin (soup) as the highlights of the week.

This was another busy week. Lots of shooting, lots of Halloween, lots of work.


(Here's a picture of my pumpkin, so you can start laughing immediately and forget it before you finish this post).




So, back to the beginning.


We had another photo shoot this week which I really enjoyed.



It's always nice to work with professionals and every time it gives me new experiences.

As winter approaches and it's not warm anymore, the shootings become more indoor than outdoor which is a challenge for me.

I rarely shoot inside, I never use the flash and I hate it when I don't have enough light. Yes, it sounds lame and it means I'm not good at it. That's true.



However, I managed to end up with some sweet photos.

I do realize more and more how I like to work with models. I want to do some more of that stuff. At least my cat and hamster will be off the hook for a while.

I also need a proper place to make a studio. And get lights. And the rest of the equipment. And the models. The ideas I already have. For some reason, I didn't get into that yet. And why is that?

It's not really easy. When I tangle up myself in umbrellas (not mines) and lights (again, not mines, borrowed), all I think about is how I'd like to switch places with a model. Then I get a good shot and that changes.



I've been a model a few times - fun, but it doesn't give you the same rush as photographing does. 
It was the same thing when I first started riding my motorcycle. All I could think was where to park, remind myself not to drink, being concerned about where to leave my helmet and stuff.... it was so much easier when I was a passenger. But, one nice ride, alone, on a sunny day, on the countryside road, and that all disappears.
It's better to be in control. Everything else can be adjusted. 


On another note, this week has been wrapped up in Halloween flair and naturally, I bought a pumpkin (!). 

Little did I know what to do with it, let alone how to carve it out. No, I'm not trick or treat child and have no idea how to carve a pumpkin. I've seen people doing wonders with it :) Look up the first picture to see how NOT to carve the pumpkin.

I just made a pumpkin soup, I dried out the seeds and I carved it the best I could without cutting it to pieces. Fun? Perhaps. Will I do it again next year? Probably not.

I look at people all dressed up, at neighborhood houses looking like deserted castles with graveyards in front and I'm thinking - how nice of people to nurture that tradition. Somebody has to. I'll leave that up to professionals.

I enjoyed the soup though. And I still enjoy the autumn colours outside, which I've been shooting lately too. More you can find on Instagram as usual.

Also, I've been playing with my original website lately and turned it completely around. It's still in process, but you can take a peek here.

Happy Halloween!

Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment