Sunday 17 May 2015

Week overview

This was a long and fun week. 

It started foggy - I managed to get some photos last weekend in the morning thru the thick fog and that made me somewhat happy. I was also disappointed by my new wide angle converter I bought on e-bay. I guess you get what you pay for.

Then it was cold and rainy.

And the one thing that made that bad weather completely irrelevant was the visit of my girlfriend Kate from far away land, Croatia, who actually came all the way from Dubai, where she currently resides. That was  the highlight of the month. It was great to see her, even tho she was only staying here for two days.

We had our fun, drank, ate, laughed, took walks in the downtown and shared our stories.

Then she left and I caught up with my routine (as if I have one).


Went to visit the Kariya Park in Mississauga because I simply couldn't miss the cherry blossoms there.

The garden is quite small, but it's peaceful, intimate and relaxing.

A beautiful little piece of Japan right here in Mississauga. Whoever is near and still haven't checked it out, you should go. And before you do, see the guide here - plenty of interesting details (I wish I've seen it before I went there).



Had a good run yesterday (and didn't fall). Made me want to run some more, but I skipped today. I had the "all-you-can-eat-ice-cream-therapy" instead.

Just so, cause I came across this awesome new flavor (Elk crossing) and it was hard to look away.



This morning I went to James Garden in north Etobicoke and had a great time.

Very nice place to be at on such a lovely day like today. It's full of animals, flowers and people. On my way there thought a lot about bicyclists on the roads and their role in traffic.





For the first time saw a chipmunk. They're cute, but fast and jumpy, so it's a miracle I even got two decent shots of it.

Did some sunbathing at the roof for the first time this year and read some of Zeland's book about mysteries of life.

Thought I learned something, but then I lost it, and I think I'll have to read the chapter all over again.



All in all, the week wasn't so bad. And the long weekend is here for Victoria Day. I can hear the fireworks just now, it's freaking out my cat as I write. So I better go to have some quality time with it.

Have yourselves a great weekend (or end of one, depending on where you are)...



No comments:

Post a Comment