Tuesday 21 April 2015

Just a today's weather snapshot

What a weird day.

I remember, when I was a kid, the weather was normal. We had spring, summer, fall and winter. Now, you have something in between the whole year round.


Both Toronto and a huge part of Croatia have pretty much the same weather conditions.

The winter here lasts a little longer, but so what. True Canadians rectify that by wearing flip flops at 12 C, cause spring is just around the corner!

I've seen them walking without jackets on a first sunny winter day. Hell, I've even seen joggers jogging half naked last winter, by the lake, and I know for a fact that it was -6 C that day because my phone died of cold just after I checked the temperature.

But they're not alone in this madness. Croatian swim in sea during the winter. Not the majority, but the crazy ones. Still, it happens.

In Norway, one February, just as we were driving from Oslo towards a little town called Moss, there were people aside the road, drilling a hole on the frozen fjord, so that they could get in the water and have a swim. They say it's good for health.
I say, knock yourselves out and stay away from me.

There was a guy here in Toronto windsurfing this winter when it was -10 C. I don't get surprised anymore. I admire the enthusiasm.
And what happened today?

15 minutes of sun, 15 minutes of rain, 15 minutes of wind - and changing constantly all day long. What's that? A classic spring day? Right. A classic spring day is warm, sunny, with a breeze. Not a weather circus.

Somebody actually told me there might be some snow this week. And the day before yesterday was 18C, and I went for a run. When I go for a run, it mean's it's warm out.



No wonder people go all crazy and weird.

The day today just pissed me off. The whole weather thing. It brought me back to my youth when I used to hate clouds (I don't anymore).

However, it gave me the opportunity to capture some water drops on the window. I just thought they looked interesting. Plus I know how much Canadians love to talk about weather.

I sure hope I won't have the opportunity to capture any more snowflakes this year. People are already dipping in the sea back home, in a far away land, and not just the crazy ones...















No comments:

Post a Comment